The Mood Walker – Issue 3 – September 2014
cbc.ca). In addition, Mood Walks will soon be profiled as an innovative, evidence-based initiative on the Evidence Exchange Network (eenet.ca).It’s been an exciting time for Mood Walks! We continue to hear positive feedback from groups, and have included some of those remarks in this issue. The CMHA Elgin group was interviewed by Kerry McKee of CBC Radio for the August 13 edition of Ontario Morning (listen to the podcast at
Our partners from Hike Ontario hiking clubs have been very busy providing training sessions; read on, to learn about training opportunities! Also contained in this issue are interviews with Farah Mawani, who is facilitating the development of peer-run walking groups in Toronto’s Regent Park, and Jill Hodgson, a student of ecopsychology. Finally, we have some signs of fall to look for out on the trail, as well as healthy-eating tips for hikers.
Have a great September!
In This Issue
- What We’ve Heard from You!
- Hike Ontario Training Opportunities
- Building Roads Together: Peer Walking Groups for Wellness
- Healthy Eating for Hikers
- Fall Is on Its Way — Critters Are Taking Cues from Nature
- The Emerging Field of Ecopsychology
Download the Newsletter